Is there anyway to show more than 16 tiles in a gallery on hub

11-18-2019 02:07 AM
AdamShutz
New Contributor II

Looking to add a maps page to existing site.  But we have more than 16. Is there any way to show more than 16 tiles, I remember seeing a page selection with additional tiles behind page 2 etc. 

Is this a thing? Or did I confuse something else. 

Or is there another way of doing this?? 

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
7 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Adam Shutz‌ gallery cards can only support 16 returned cards at the moment.  Every page can have as many gallery cards as you'd like on them though, feel free to add more to suit your needs.  Keep in mind that 16 may not seem like a lot for a desktop user, but for tablet + mobile users that is a lot of scrolling to get past 16+ cards.

0 Kudos
AdamShutz
New Contributor II

Brian, 

Thanks for coming back. 

The majority of our users would be desktop users, so i suspect this wouldn't be an issue.

I was trying to use the dynamic feature to automatically add all cards. 

If adding more than 1 gallery the cards duplicate.

I think the solution would be to use Tags to filter the maps to catagories, but that kind of defeats the dynamic aspect. 

Is there any other way of handling large amounts of cards?

Thanks

Adam

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

You may want to consider using the category card or text card.  Highlight a few maps via the gallery card and then leverage the linking capabilities of the category + text card to jump the user to a predefined query to match categories of maps.  The benefit here is users could back out of the tags to explore widely directly from the search route.

0 Kudos
JacquieKovarik
New Contributor III

Hi Brian,

It's been 2 years since this originally came up. Does Esri have any plans to increase the number of cards in galleries yet?

Thanks in advance for your response,

Jacquie

AmyBrassieur
New Contributor III

I am using the gallery card to post daily press releases on coronavirus statistics. The limitation of 16 might make sense when you are talking about maps but it doesn't meet the need of creating an archive/library of daily press releases. I populate the gallery with a group, and every 16 days I have to create a new group for the new gallery card. So it's giving me a huge overload of groups with similar content.   

0 Kudos
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor II

I found this thread, and I am glad to see I am not alone.  I've added an Idea Suggestion for this.  There absolutely needs to be optional pagination.  Please support this idea here: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-hub-ideas/add-pagination-to-gallery-widget/idi-p/1044258/jump-t...

0 Kudos
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

I agree, more than 16 would be a benefit, especially in situations where a user would like to browse to figure out if they need anything else from the open data portal. They may not know what we have and so do not know how to search for it properly - browsing all available cards meets there needs in this instances.

0 Kudos