Gallery Card won't show Images

Jump to solution
01-10-2022 01:13 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

We can add a JPG or PNG to our HUB site's Content Library, but is it possible to add these files to a Gallery Card?  

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Are you asking about updating the thumbnail images that show on content images in the Gallery Card or about showing images as Gallery Card items? Unfortunately, the latter is currently not possible. You can use the Image Card, which supports captions and direct linking to resources. Or if you are comfortable with a little HTML, our Text Card features HTML snippets (look for the plus icon) and you can modify a static card to use your hosted image link. 

I also have this post with is a little older, but contains some variations on DYI HTML cards, which could be used to highlight images: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-hub-documents/tips-create-custom-cards-with-html/ta-p/920496

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Are you asking about updating the thumbnail images that show on content images in the Gallery Card or about showing images as Gallery Card items? Unfortunately, the latter is currently not possible. You can use the Image Card, which supports captions and direct linking to resources. Or if you are comfortable with a little HTML, our Text Card features HTML snippets (look for the plus icon) and you can modify a static card to use your hosted image link. 

I also have this post with is a little older, but contains some variations on DYI HTML cards, which could be used to highlight images: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-hub-documents/tips-create-custom-cards-with-html/ta-p/920496

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @KlaraSchmitt - yes, I was hoping I could include images as Gallery Card items (document).  We are working on a Neighborhood Meetings app and will have functionality for a developer to upload a variety of documents (PDF, Doc, XLS, JPG, PNG) to a HUB Content Library.  I wanted to show all these items in a Gallery, filtered by which neighborhood meeting they were associated with.   

I appreciate knowing this isn't supported - we are pursuing a different strategy now.

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos