Dropdown Header in ArcGIS Hub

Jump to solution
07-29-2022 12:19 PM
JDScharf
New Contributor II

Hey folks,

I am trying to do a dropdown in the Header nav bar of our ArcGIS Hub Site.  I grabbed the Bootstrap3 drop down code from https://esri.github.io/calcite-bootstrap/#navbars, and can get the template to appear above my existing Header bar.

I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas, on how to sandwich this in between the existing ESRI Header stuff (the hamburger menu on the left, and the login information on the right), and the rest of my Portal Content.

I added the custom HTML code to the Footer HTML Section as I can't figure out anywhere else to add this, outside of adding a new text box to the ArcGIS Page.

Thanks for any advice!

JDScharf_0-1659122246314.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello @JDScharf,

In the Layout Editor, under the Header settings, there is an option for adding a custom header under Appearance. So you could replace the dynamic option you are currently using as a header with a multi-level version you custom build. This will automatically be injected beneath the Global Navbar, which is what contains sign in and search. Once you switch to the custom header option, you should see text boxes for HTML & CSS.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KlaraSchmitt
Esri Contributor

Hello @JDScharf,

In the Layout Editor, under the Header settings, there is an option for adding a custom header under Appearance. So you could replace the dynamic option you are currently using as a header with a multi-level version you custom build. This will automatically be injected beneath the Global Navbar, which is what contains sign in and search. Once you switch to the custom header option, you should see text boxes for HTML & CSS.

JDScharf
New Contributor II

Thank you so much Klara, that is exactly what I was looking for!

0 Kudos