Customizing Theme Fonts in a Hub Site

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 05:00 AM
KatieSelf
New Contributor III

I'm trying to import a font to my ArcGIS Hub Site using the 'Customize Theme Fonts' tool within Customize > Theme > Base Font Setting. I have the URL for Import, which is hosted on Google. This is:

https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Chelsea+Market

However when I input this I get the error 'This is not a valid @import URL'. As a test I tried using the Open Sans example which is then given and I get the same error. I also get an error with the Name of the Font Family not matching the URL.

KatieSelf_0-1630497476710.png

Could someone please advise what is causing the error, as it doesn't seem to accept any input at the moment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

@KatieSelf circling back on this issue, a fix was released to production.  You should be able to add custom Google Fonts as expected 😊

View solution in original post

7 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@KatieSelf , have you tried the SRC URL that this family resides at?

https://fonts.gstatic.com/s/opensans/v23/mem8YaGs126MiZpBA-UFWJ0bbck.woff2

Each of the fonts listed on the URL you provided all have the same src. Hopefully that's your Solution 👍

David
..Maps with no limits..
KatieSelf
New Contributor III

Still get the same error I'm afraid but thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

This is a bug!

When I open one of my sites with a custom font and go to the font settings, it shows my existing font settings:

Anneka_France_0-1630498873226.png

But when I click on the text boxes it generates an error message and won't allow me to save, despite the fact I haven't changed any of the text.

Anneka_France_1-1630498951192.png

Hopefully the Hub team can get this fixed!

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
KatieSelf
New Contributor III

Thanks for checking Anneka - good to know I've not missed something obvious!

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

@KatieSelf thanks for raising this, we'll work to address the issue and put safeguards in place to ensure it doesn't occur in the future.  We'll circle back here when the fix is in production.

BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

@KatieSelf circling back on this issue, a fix was released to production.  You should be able to add custom Google Fonts as expected 😊

KatieSelf
New Contributor III

That's great, looks to be working for me now. Thank you Brian/team! 😊

0 Kudos