Cloned Hub page keeps reverting to clone name

01-03-2021 01:27 PM
LoriDelacruz_Lewis
New Contributor III

After I clone a Hub page, I change the name in the Contents list and refresh the Hub site to reflect the change. But it keeps reverting back to the clone name, e.g. Outreach keeps changing back to Operations-1. This happens even after I've saved and published the page.

This continuously affects the menu and the card on the homepage.

Tags (2)
7 Replies
EmzE
by
New Contributor

I am having this exact issue aswell. Any helpful comments?

0 Kudos
LoriDelacruz_Lewis
New Contributor III

I've had to give up on cloning pages. I'm back to building each page separately. 

Hopefully there's a solution...but I don't know what it is.

0 Kudos
ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

I'm having a similar problem where the page reverts to the original name so that it becomes a duplicate. It's confusing the both pages and won't let me publish. I can't change the name in AGOL and when i manually get to the new page, it has a bug in the Edit page properties so i can't change it there either. What good is a clone button that renders the page unusable?! I guess I'll delete all my work and start from scratchhubbug.jpgHub page won't publish.JPGhubbug2.jpg

LoriDelacruz_Lewis
New Contributor III
That's what I had to do...just delete and rebuild the cloned pages from scratch.
ElizabethZizzamia1
New Contributor III

Update! I managed to trick it. Here's what I did, in order.

On the site's hub page, i changed the name of the original page to gallery1 and it's slug.

In Hub's content library, I removed the cloned page from the initiatives content group. 

In AGOL, I changed the Name of the cloned page to 'Broken'. Not even sure if this is necessary. I reshared it to the initiative's content group from the item detail page.

I went back to the Hub manager and linked to existing content, page= Broken. It then allowed me to update the name and slug and finally showed under the list of  pages for the site. It also finally allowed me to publish without error, which saved me from redoing all my work. Lastly, I'll edit the original page to delete the "1".

This is obviously not a great work around and doesn't not fill me with confidence that cloning is a tool that should be used....but it might be a one-time saver for someone like me who didn't want to redo the finished page.

Cheers,

Beth from University of Richmond

0 Kudos
JI_Tampa
New Contributor II

I just changed the name and url in hub> page info and saved and went to AGOL and renamed the page and updated thumbnail and summary but last 2 were for later use in gallery, and saved in AGOL item details page and published in hub. 

0 Kudos
AmberPerhson
New Contributor

I think I figured it out!

On your hub overview page, you will see the ellipsis menu on the right.

AmberPerhson_1-1698951709308.png

Click on the menu and then "Go to ArcGIS online." From there, you will see all of your ESRI content. Select the hub initiative you want to edit by clicking the title. When the page opens, you should see an edit option next to the title.

AmberPerhson_0-1698951605198.png

I had to log out and log back in for the change to show up.

I hope that helps! 

0 Kudos