Are the Events for all of my Organization's different Initiatives stored in a single hosted feature layer?

Jump to solution
08-02-2022 03:51 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I'm looking at a feature layer called "Hub Events" in our Organization's Content and it looks like data for ALL the Events for ALL my Organization's different Initiatives/HUB sites are ALL stored in a single feature layer.  Is this by design or did we make a mistake in setting up our Initiatives?  

It is not obvious to me why we would want data for all our Initiatives to live in one layer, as opposed to having an Events layer for each Initiative.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi @JayJohnsonWashoeCounty - storage of all events in a single feature service is by design; however, we have plans next year to transition events over to an item-based architecture for easier creation, management, and sharing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi @JayJohnsonWashoeCounty - storage of all events in a single feature service is by design; however, we have plans next year to transition events over to an item-based architecture for easier creation, management, and sharing.

PatrickJankanish
New Contributor II

I was surprised as well to find the single hub_events layer for all initiatives, but it makes sense that an event might be applicable to multiple initiatives and thus wouldn't have to be re-created for each one. However, I wish we had an efficient way to configure recurring events without having to create a new event and re-enter the same information for each instance. I thought that by exporting the table we could append a new row for each instance of the recurring event, just change the date fields, and then append the new records to the hub_events feature service, but that hasn't worked. It simply produces a generic error.

0 Kudos