Is the AIS for GeoEvent Server connector compatible with ArcGIS 11?

07-29-2022 08:16 AM
ChannelLogistics
New Contributor

With the availablity of ArcGIS 11, is the AIS for GeoEvent Server connector compatible?

Connector - AIS for GeoEvent Server:

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=24770812a22e4feba56555aeafbf68ac

I am preparing to upgrade my ESRI servers to version 11, and want to make sure the connector will function as it does in version 10.9.2

@GeoEventTeam 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

We use automated tests that identify whether or not a given custom processor or connector will successfully deploy. Generally if the connector refuses to deploy it is because something in the GeoEvent Server SDK has changed and the connector needs to be recompiled.

There were a dozen components identified for ArcGIS 11 which need to be recompiled. Unfortunately the AIS connector is one of them. Part of recompilation includes documentation review and regression test.

Our apologies for the delay, but a new version of the AIS connector will need to be produced and uploaded. We are working on that.

@EricIronside @TravisShore 

0 Kudos
JohnLucotch2
Occasional Contributor

Hey @RJSunderman  When do you anticipate the new AIS connector being ready?

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Apologies for the delay in getting back with you John.  The latest version (Release 5 - July 27, 2021) currently on the AIS Connector page should work with an ArcGIS 11 deployment. We addressed the indications we had with the connector without needing to recompile a new version. If you have problems deploying the connector or getting it to successfully adapt data being received, please open an incident with Esri Technical Support so that we can track the issue.

0 Kudos
JohnLucotch2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much!! I was waiting until I saw an answer from your previous post.

Thanks

0 Kudos