Experiencing HTTP ERROR 404 Not Found error after installing ArcGIS GeoEvent Server 10.9.1 Patch 1

286
3
Jump to solution
05-30-2022 11:34 PM
IGCMCGIS
New Contributor III

We have been using GeoEvent Server 10.9.1 as a new user but have not really faced any major issues with regards to the configuration and setup. 

Recently we installed a bunch of new updates for our enterprise suite ( for Server, Portal and Data Store ) which were mainly related to log4j and and update for GeoEvent 10.9.1 Patch 1.

Since then we are unable to access GeoEvent Manager  using both FQDN and localhost and are met with the following error.

IGCMCGIS_0-1653978612163.png

We have tried to install a bunch of our Windows Security Updates for Windows Server 2016 but are unable to understand what is essentially causing this issue. 
GeoEvent Server Gateway and GeoEvent Server seems to be running as services and the rest of the Enterprise Components remain unaffected. 

It would be great if anyone could share their insight as to what might have caused this or maybe the best way to troubleshoot something like this.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IGCMCGIS
New Contributor III

This worked after we restarted GeoEvent Server Gateway and GeoEvent Server services once again from the Windows services directory. 

We had done this previously a lot of times but don't know what was different which resolved this issue. 

 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi @IGCMCGIS ,

why are you trying to access /geoevent/goto-manger the URL should be /geoevent/manager or is there any kind of redirect active?

I would also suggest to use https and Port 6143, but this should not make any difference in this case.

The next step would be to Restart GeoEvent and check the Kafka Logfile in the GeoEvent Data Folder.

Best,

Stefan

 

 

0 Kudos
IGCMCGIS
New Contributor III

Hi @Stefan_Jung ,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

This issue would occur even when we would use  /geoevent/manager  URL using localhost or the FQDN. 
We have always accessed GeoEvent over 6143 and the reason why we have the goto-manager URL was because we were testing this using the Launcher. 

We always use https and port 6143 with our URLs and it is true it did not make a difference. 
We did check the karaf.log files located at C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\GeoEvent\data\log and were unable to find any issues realted to GeoEevent Service Startup or Gateway except for the ones related to our input connectors (These do have issues at our end).

As of now it seems to work after we restarted the services manually. It could be that we have kept GeoEevnt Server as a Delayed Start in the Windows Services configuration. 

But we had never encountered this issue so we really would like to know if we missed something else at our end post installing the updates. 

Thanks again

 

0 Kudos
IGCMCGIS
New Contributor III

This worked after we restarted GeoEvent Server Gateway and GeoEvent Server services once again from the Windows services directory. 

We had done this previously a lot of times but don't know what was different which resolved this issue. 

 

0 Kudos