Error Sending Features to a Stream Service GeoEvent

07-12-2022 12:05 AM
ElviraForslund
New Contributor II

When attempting to send features to a Stream Service, I get the following error:

The GeoEvent received from the GeoEvent Service (GeoEvent defenition name) is a different type than the schema of the destination Stream Service (output name).

The expected GeoEvent defenition in the output is the same one generated by the input which is why I have troubles with understanding the error. The input is working correctly and all "In/Out" counters are displaying correctly, but no data is being pushed as a Stream Service. 

When attempting to use the Field Mapper processor to resolve this issue I get many other errors, which is why I'm hoping this error can be resolved without the Field Mapper. 

Thank you in advanced for help. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ElviraForslund
New Contributor II

I could add that the following are the error messages I get when trying to solve the issue by using the Field Mapper processor: geoEventError.png

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ElviraForslund

As a test, are you able to write event to a feature service?  

0 Kudos
ElviraForslund
New Contributor II

Hi @JakeSkinner thank you for the reply.

I have not worked much with Feature Services in GeoEvent, but when trying to write to a feature service, the GeoEvent defenition generated by my input does not show up in the drop-down field when first creating the service. So currently, I am not able to do this. 

Are there any requirements for input when writing to a feature service or is there perhaps something wrong with my input?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If your GeoEvent Definition has Groups within it, you will not be able to use that definition to create your feature service.  You would have two options, create the geoevent definition manually, and then create your feature service in GeoEvent, or create a feature class in ArcGIS Pro and publish the feature service.

0 Kudos
ElviraForslund
New Contributor II

Okay thank you I will look into that if I consider publishing as a feature service. 

However, I still ideally would want to publish this as a Stream Service but am not able to due to previous mentioned errors. Any idea how to solve these errors so it can be sent to a Stream Service? 

0 Kudos