create mobile cache not working

Jump to solution
03-28-2018 02:35 PM
LisaT
by
Occasional Contributor III

We have been using mobile mapcache to obtain points, lines, and polygons out in the field.  We just upgraded to 10.5 and now it seems as if the mobile tools are broken.  I have added the "Mobile Tools" toolbox to the geoprocessing tools and am trying to use the "Create Mobile Cache" tool.  An error is returned that says "Background processing has encountered a serious error and is unable to continue".  When I look at the geoprocessing results I see "the tool is not available or is unassigned".   The tool worked in 10.3.  As a tester, I saved my map as a 10.3 copy and tried again.  I get the same messages.  Any way to get this tool to work?  We just need to use it for a little while until we figure out how to get Collector to work for us.  I am embedding the MapCache into our web application and so I am able to get our inspection forms to update the symbology on the maps (marking an item as complete and such) so that the user doesn't have to switch between apps.  I don't think that Collector will do this and so we haven't upgraded. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LisaT
by

I finally figured out how to get the mapcache to create: I had to turn off background processing.  Go to "Geoprocessing" on the toolbar and then select "Geoprocessing Options". Uncheck "Enable".  I have to wait for the processing to complete before doing anything else, but at least it works now!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LisaT
by

I finally figured out how to get the mapcache to create: I had to turn off background processing.  Go to "Geoprocessing" on the toolbar and then select "Geoprocessing Options". Uncheck "Enable".  I have to wait for the processing to complete before doing anything else, but at least it works now!

0 Kudos