ArcGIS for Teams keeps posting welcome reminders over and over again

11-16-2022 09:33 AM
Will
by
Occasional Contributor II

Our IT staff recently installed ArcGIS for Teams in our org's Teams environment. However, it (ArcGIS Maps user) keeps posting welcome reminders about its existence in our GIS Team's General channel over and over, sometimes many posts per day (see attached example). Are there any settings or controls to stop these reminders? I'm trying to find out info so I can advise our IT staff. I opened an Esri case about this, but apparently there's no official support for the product so they referred me to post here hoping Esri staff or others may reply?  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DougSims_GT
Occasional Contributor

"I opened an Esri case about this, but apparently there's no official support for the product so they referred me to post here "

That statement seems a bit contradictory considering the breadcrumbs for this page are: Home > Communities > Products > ArcGIS for Team.

Why is it even a product if they don't support it? 

0 Kudos
Will
by

It appears to be an official product but doesn't seem to have official Esri case support analysts for it, thus they told me to post here so perhaps other Esri staff knowledgeable with similar apps (SharePoint, etc.) can help.. 

SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

Hello @DougSims_GT 

We are aware of the Welcome Card issue within the Teams application, and for the moment I can provide you some context into understanding the issue.

Currently, this is based on a standard within the application, when a new user is introduced to a channel, chat, or meeting that has the ArcGIS Maps for Teams previously included, a welcome card is produced for the new user to allow them to be made aware of the actions available. I understand the repetition can be an issue, and so we are working to implement a fix for this issue shortly.

If you have additional context to the post issue in addition to your provided screenshot please feel free to let me know so we can make sure we've covered all your concerns!

Thank you, 

Sebastian 

0 Kudos
Will
by

Thanks for the info, welcome cards for new users makes sense, but please do not make the welcome card post in a Teams channel that already has hundreds of members as it is spammy, just send the welcome card to the new user in a private chat message perhaps?

0 Kudos
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

This is also relevant within the personal application, though within a channel not everyone can have the personal application installed just yet. The spammy nature of the post though is the exact issue we want to resolve. 

JamesNeild1
New Contributor III

Last time we had ArcGIS for Teams active in a channel, we had this chattiness. @SebastianSaballett Given the last post in Nov 2022 mentioned a solution "shortly" can we get an idea of whether it is already available or if it's still being worked on?

0 Kudos
Will
by

I get a sense that this problem has now been fixed on the back end, at least we haven't seen it for a while even while adding new users to the affected Team, but it would be nice to hear from Esri official confirmation if it is still an issue or not?

0 Kudos
Will
by

Anyone from Esri out there to help with this?  Thanks

0 Kudos