Compatibility with ArcGIS Enterprise

05-05-2021 12:50 PM
AaronGreiner1
New Contributor II

Please make the compatibility between ArcGIS Teams and ArcGIS Enterprise a priority.

Tags (2)
22 Comments
GWaltersOZ

I concur. I know that you would be working on it, but it would be great to know the roadmap for this functionality.

AndrewMcCulloch

Need to support a connection to Enterprise portal as a priority to make it useful. 

Ana_Villa

We need the same in Enterprise!  🤔

rthomas_usfs

Would like the option to configure for Portal and embed ArcGIS for Teams inside channels.  Web URL is not as helpful as when you all enable this functionality.  Thanks.

by Anonymous User

GWaltersOZ

Thanks for the update @Anonymous User 

DianeMcGuerty1

I'm rather surprised that it is not available...we hardly have any actual 'Organization' AGOL users but everyone in the Org can join Enterprise plus we are using single-sign on. Would be much more helpful for users if available in Enterprise...

by Anonymous User

@DianeMcGuerty1 Thanks for the feedback and we agree on the single-sign on workflows! On our side we developed some of the components to work against some Azure services that we will have to work to deploy locally. 

We've definitely heard some great things so far and will be excited when we can eventually support Enterprise.

Geoeki
by

+1! Went through the long and painfull process of making this available on our enterprise Microsoft test environment just to find out it only works with AGOL...this could be huge, but only within our own ArcGIS Enterprise environment!

€dit: also make it more clear on the info page that only AGOL is supported currently...would have saved me a lot of headaches to get this approved with our company IT. It just says "While signing in to your ArcGIS account is not required to use ArcGIS for Teams for public searches, signing in allows you to access your organization's content and to show information about your account." --> which, to me, sounds like ArcGIS Enterprise, not AGOL.

by Anonymous User

@Geoeki  Thank you for the feedback and we will update the documentation so that it is up front in the getting started section. We do plan to support Enterprise sometime in the future and will keep you all posted. 

We are also getting the application M365 certified, which will make it much easier to get support from IT to install.