fail to geocode entire SharePoint List...any work around?

07-06-2021 02:27 PM
William
New Contributor III

I have a SharePoint (MS365) list that I am using Parcel Number field to Geocode. The geocode source data on AGO is a parcel HFL. Before converting my excel table to a SharePoint list, I tested in APro. I did a join between the parcel HFL and the excel table and was able to get 100% match. The same table was used to create my SharePoint List. However, once I setup a workflow and let it run, the entire SharePoint site became inaccessible when it almost reaches 90%+ completion. During this period, I got the same error when accessed through my phone or private/incognito mode on my PC. After 2-3 minutes, the site would return, but when I looked at the field I created for the Workflow, just over 50% completed geocoding. The rest was blank. None of "In Progress" or "Cancel" status, just blank. I repeated 2 more times by creating a new SP list but I got almost the same result. My excel/SP list has 249 records.

I notice I could trigger the Workflow of the list item with blank value by changing the APN to an incorrect APN then changed it back. However, it is not a fun process to do this manually regardless of quantity.

Has anyone had similar experience of geocoding failure and found workarounds? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello William,

Could you comment on the number of items you are trying to geocode in the SharePoint list? It may even be worth to call technical support so that we can dive into this further.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
William
New Contributor III

@JonEmch  249 records. compared to the ones I have done in the past, this most certainly is the largest set I have done thus far.

A support case will be submitted.

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you William. I've worked with more than that in the past, so volume should not be an issue. Please let me know what the case number is when the case gets opened.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos