Reference Layer Order Changed When Published

07-01-2022 05:35 AM
TimCavins
New Contributor

I created an ArgGIS map with a reference layer that I created. When I view it in Power Desktop, the reference layer is on top which is what I want.

However, after publishing to the service and viewing the report, the reference layer is now hidden behind the heat map. I went back in and found in Advanced Options a toggle for Maintain Layer Order which I set to on and re-published and updated the app. The layers are still not in the order that I set in the Desktop.

How can I preserve the layer order when publishing? I am able to click on the settings in the service and change the order that I'm viewing but I don't want every user to have to do this. They won't all know how.

Thanks,

Tim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RodPBI
by
New Contributor III

Perhaps just a work around, but did you try changing the layer order in EDIT mode in the Service (then saving)?

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hey there @TimCavins ! Thank you for reporting this. I was able to reproduce this issue on my end. I will log this as a bug in our project boards. Once we have a fix for this, I will pass that information along here and let you know when the fix will be pushed out. 

I don't have a timeline on this just yet, but I will keep everyone here in the loop! 

TimCavins
New Contributor

@AnthonyLatini Any updates on this? The issue still happens and I notice it happens in Power BI desktop if I filter results and the map updates hiding the reference layer.

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

HI there @TimCavins - we are currently working on a fix for this particular issue and have it in our next project plan. There were some underlying issues and infrastructure hurdles that caused a long delay in resolving this issue. Once we have it deployed and in production, I will update this thread. Thank you for your patience! 

0 Kudos