Reference layer error in Embed and Publish Check when validating in Power BI report

11-30-2022 03:08 AM
MicheldeBruijn
New Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I am currently struggling with sharing a Power BI report with my colleagues that includes an ArcGIS map visualization. As opposed to earlier reports, they are not able to see the reference layer.  When using the feature 'validate' in the Embed and Publish Check, it shows that there's an error with the reference layer, but I can't figure out the reason why. 

Does anyone know what the exact conditions are for a reference layer to work? The general info on the website has been of no use to me. 

For what it's worth: the layer I am using is a polygon feature layer and makes use of the 'color and amounts' style. Given the fact that previous reference layers were in fact visible to my colleagues I can exclude that it has to do with the sharing level. 

Any insights or further questions to do some further troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hello!

The check verifies that all requirements for publishing the map have been met. These include the following:

• Power BI location data is in latitude and longitude coordinates.
  • The map contains only publicly accessible layers from ArcGIS.
  • No layers contain secured or premium content.

The last 2 points for likely to be affected by a reference layer from ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.

I hope this helps!

~Just trying to fix things~
0 Kudos