Map select tools in Power BI return incorrect data in other visuals

Jump to solution
11-15-2021 10:32 AM
Timothy_Negley
New Contributor

Recently I noticed when I select a point on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual, it does not cross-filter the correct data in other Power BI visuals. This happens  even for new maps. I added a new map with the location ID, latitude, and Longitude, and a Power BI table visual with the same location ID. When I click on the point in the map, the table visual returns a different location ID. However, if I click on a location ID in the table, the map filters to the correct location. It appears the spatial query feature in the map visual is not passing the correct filter(s) to the rest of the Power BI visuals. 

Update: After some further testing, the bug appears to happen when the ArcGIS visual contains more than several thousand records. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@Timothy_Negley - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual.

I had a look over this issue and it was identified as a BUG in v2021.1.91. We have fixed this issue and will be resolved in our upcoming release. Our next release is scheduled to deploy between November 26th - December 10th (there are some testing processes that occur between our team and Microsoft before it goes live). 

Once the next version is live, please let me know if it resolves the issue once it has been released. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@Timothy_Negley - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual.

I had a look over this issue and it was identified as a BUG in v2021.1.91. We have fixed this issue and will be resolved in our upcoming release. Our next release is scheduled to deploy between November 26th - December 10th (there are some testing processes that occur between our team and Microsoft before it goes live). 

Once the next version is live, please let me know if it resolves the issue once it has been released.