arcGIS positioning type single country; can not choose india

04-21-2022 01:44 AM
BLehmann
New Contributor

Hi there, (Power BI Desktop V. 2.103.881.0) Im strunggeling since a few days with the following:

I would like to create a colored(by a certain indicator) arcGIS Map of India (with state boundaries).
I did this for germany and it worked perfectly (Screenshoot 0), my way of doing it was:

1. choose arcGIS in power bi, add the location (post Ident Number, 6 digits; Screenshot 1); add the indicator for the color

2. Mark the Post Ident Number Column as Post Ident Number, so the little world icon occurs for that column (Screenshot 2)

3. open the layer manue on the top left, go to "positioning type" (Screenshot 2) choose boundaries (instead of points), choose single country and choose the specific country. Here comes my problem, I can choose all the country on the list, except india, if I try to choose it, power bi just keeps the previous choice. I simply can not choose india (Screenshot 3). Maybe someone of you had the same issue and could share the experience, solution, or ideas. That would be great.

Thanks a lot

Bastian

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@BLehmann - Hello there! My name is Anthony and I am a product engineer on the ArcGIS for Power BI visual. I was looking over this issue and I would like to help out if I can!

It looks as though this is a bug in our visual. I have used data on my machine (India Divisions) and you are correct! India cannot be selected from the dropdown menu. 

I have logged a bug in our project and I will reply to this thread once I know this has been resolved. I apologize in advance for any issues this is causing. Hang tight, we will get it sorted out! 

0 Kudos
BLehmann
New Contributor

@AnthonyLatinithat would be great, Im looking forward to that, thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
BLehmann
New Contributor

Hello @AnthonyLatini are there any news, regarding that issue?

Best regards, Bastian

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hi @BLehmann ! We are currently investigating this issue. Currently, I do not have an estimated timeframe on when it will be resolved. I will let you know for sure when it is! 

0 Kudos
BLehmann
New Contributor

Hi @AnthonyLatini,

I'm still hanging tight ;-).
I would like to ask whether there is any time horizont regarding that issue, like when it could be solved, this month, this year, next year?

Because I realy like the visualisations of arcGIS, but if you tell me it will take very long to be solvend, then I could start checking alternatives.

Thank you and best reagards

Bastian

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hi there @BLehmann !

Thank you for checking in! We are currently working out some projects in our second semester planning. I am going to do my best to get this in so that it fits into our next release. I will keep you posted on when that will be released. I appreciate the patience and sticking with us through this! 

0 Kudos
BLehmann
New Contributor

Hi there,

thanks for your reply, Im just courious, is there any movement regarding that bug?

Best regards

Bastian

0 Kudos
BLehmann
New Contributor

Hi @AnthonyLatini , are there any news regarding that topic?

KR

Bastian

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@BLehmann - Apologies for the delay in responding to this! 

This issue has been resolved and you should be able to map to States now as an option under India. Please let me know if you have any issues! 

AnthonyLatini_0-1671153738318.png

0 Kudos