ArcGIS for Power BI not working

06-04-2022 09:11 PM
Renatodamasceno
New Contributor

Hi,

Im tryng to use Arcgis for Power BI but it just wont show the Icon in Visualizations, even if the Arcgis is enable on options. What can I do to use it? Thanks.

Renatodamasceno_0-1654402278176.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Hi there @Renatodamasceno ! It looks like ArcGIS for Power BI has been disabled by your Office 365 administrator. I would recommend getting in contact with them to ensure that the component is enabled for the group. 

Here is some reference that shows how to enable this at the administrator level. Please let me know if this helps! 

Create an ArcGIS map in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

0 Kudos
Renatodamasceno
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply @AnthonyLatini. Im using my personal account, there is no other administrator.

I cant find Tenant Settings like in the link you sent:

renato_ad_0-1654318313585.png

 But I can see that ArcGIS is enable

renato_ad_1-1654318406696.png

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Thank you for that screenshot @Renatodamasceno ! What version of Power BI Desktop are you currently on? You can find this by clicking on File --> About in Power BI Desktop. 

0 Kudos
Renatodamasceno
New Contributor

Its the version 2.106.582.0  (june 2022)

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

Thanks for that information! It looks like you are on the latest version (or at least close enough to it). 

I would recommend the following: 

- Completely uninstall any and all versions of Power BI Desktop on your machine. Restart and then install the latest version from the Microsoft Store

- Check on http://app.powerbi.com to see if you have access to the icon there. If you do not, then there might be an administrator or account setting that is preventing you from seeing our component. As a note, there is nothing to install to use our component, but an account setting might be preventing you from using it. If you do see our component there in Power BI Online, then that would mean there is an issue with Power BI Desktop itself. 

Please let me know what happens! 

0 Kudos