Set Default Organization URL in ArcGIS for Excel

Jump to solution
07-01-2022 12:30 PM
N8-CORR
New Contributor II

Loving the new ArcGIS for Excel so far. I am however, running into the same issue with user after user in my organization. When prompted to sign in, they don't know what our organization URL is:

N8CORR_0-1656703660900.png

As an administrator, I am able to pre-configure this URL in other ArcGIS products so that when users attempt to sign-in, they see this and can simply click the big blue button:

N8CORR_1-1656703751926.png

Is it possible to do the same in ArcGIS for Excel? Being able to configure this for my organization is critical in helping all of our users get up and running faster.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gaurav-Singh
Esri Contributor

By utilizing the Microsoft.Graph module, the organization's MS365 admin can pre-configure the ArcGIS organizational URL key for all users. To learn more about this process, please click here for the doc link.

ArcGIS for Excel Team

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I believe so BUT I do not have an ArcGIS Enterprise configured/licensed on my laptop along with Microsoft Excel.  But I did find this link about Setting your ArcGIS Connection so it "looks" for your ArcGIS Enterprise URL.  Would this work?

0 Kudos
N8-CORR
New Contributor II

Hi Robert, thanks for the response. Unfortunately no. That link is for the older ‘ArcGIS for Office’ and would only pre-configure the org URL on my machine rather than on everyone’s in my organization. I’m looking for a way to push out a pre-configured org URL to everyone in ‘ArcGIS for Excel’.

0 Kudos
Gaurav-Singh
Esri Contributor

Please use your Org URL key, which will be something like 'https://orgkeyRR.maps.arcgis.com' in the Sign-in window instead of using www.arcgis.com in the Sign-in window.

GauravSingh_2-1657057142502.png

ArcGIS for Excel Team
N8-CORR
New Contributor II

Hi Gaurav, thanks for your response. I’m aware of what needs to go in this field. What I’m trying to do is pre-configure the org URL key for all users within my organization so that they don’t have to type it in manually.

N8-CORR
New Contributor II

@Gaurav-Singh Did you see my response above? 

0 Kudos
Gaurav-Singh
Esri Contributor

By utilizing the Microsoft.Graph module, the organization's MS365 admin can pre-configure the ArcGIS organizational URL key for all users. To learn more about this process, please click here for the doc link.

ArcGIS for Excel Team
N8-CORR
New Contributor II

This is gold. Thanks @Gaurav-Singh. That did the trick!