Search and Infographics card not available

03-30-2022 04:32 PM
defence_hyang
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm using the ArcGIS for Office (v2021.2) connecting to an enterprise portal (10.8.1). The system is an offline system without internet connection, thus NO ArcGIS Online.

I'm able to add in maps and configure the popups, change symbols in both Excel and PowerPoint.

However, the Search and Infographics Card are not working in Excel.

Regardless what search string entered, nothing is returned. 

The Infographics Card simply shows "The service is not available".

The enterprise portal does have a few geocoding services, I used one when adding Excel data to the map. I wonder what service(s) the Search function requires and how to configure?

The same question for Infographics Card. What kind of services and how to configure for the Infographics Card to recognise?

Thanks

Helen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gaurav-Singh
Esri Contributor

Thanks for your questions.

The Geoenrichment Server must be installed locally on your network for Infographics card to work. How to do that, is described in this help documentation.

The search feature, should of course work, however, it looks like there may be a bug.  Thank you so much for brining that to our attention. 

ArcGIS for Excel Team
0 Kudos
defence_hyang
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.

Is there replacement for countries not having business analyst dataset, such as Australia, to build the geoenrichment server?

Helen

0 Kudos
DanielStauning
Esri Contributor

Hi Helen, this feature is powered by the GeoEnrichment service and there are a few options on how to configure it. One is to install a GeoEnrichment server locally as Gaurav mentioned. You would then need to license the data for your region and install it to the server.  The other option is to configure GeoEnrichment as a utility service in your portal your portal from ArcGIS Online but since you're working in disconnected environment this won't work for you. It will require installing GeoEnrichment server locally in your enterprise and licensing the data for your region.

GeoEnrichment server is a component of the Business Analyst Enterprise solution and comes with the U.S data in the standard bundle. I would recommend discussing with your account manager what software you're authorized for and additional data licensing options beyond the U.S.

0 Kudos