I'm curious if anyone has used any type of group deployment to multiple users of this plugin without going to each users machine and installing? If so, were you able to install the plugin and also share coordinate system favorites?
We have about 20 CAD users, that i would love to somehow automate the installation of this plugin, and go ahead and star their favorite CS!
yes this is possible by copying the file that stores the favorite CS. So the workflow would be this
1. Start ArcGIS for AutoCAD on your machine
2. Mark the desired coordinate systems as favorite.
3. Close AutoCAD.
4. Navigate to this location: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGIS for AutoCAD\400
5. Copy the ApplicationSettings.JSON (this stores all the favorites CS info, this also stores portal connections & locator services)
6. Distribute a copy of that file to every machine you want to install ArcGIS for AutoCAD on, in the same directory C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGIS for AutoCAD\400
let me know if that works for you.