Does AutoDesk and Microstation export different attributes with their associated CAD files?

08-19-2021 06:08 AM
GeoDev
by
New Contributor II

Secondary question: do different versions of Autodesk produce slight differences in attributes when exporting? 

I receive a CAD files from a surveyors and I convert them from CAD to Geodatabase. However, when I open the attribute table and view the attributes, it appears that not all of the varying CAD files have the same exact attributes with some CAD files having totally different attributes. What is the reason for this? I'm trying to write a script that will manipulate all CAD files in the same way, but it's impossible if there is not a standardization among all CAD files. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

When you say different attributes, are you referring to different layer names. Generally CAD files, when imported into ArcPro or ArcMap, will have a similar field just for the various layer names. So it isn't uncommon for attributes to be different if whomever submitted the CAD file had different layer names. If the fields are different, then that might be a whole other situation.

0 Kudos