Using Tracker as Creator in Field Maps

Jump to solution
11-30-2022 05:19 AM
DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to use Tracker within Field Maps. I've gotten it to work for a mobile worker account but the option to turn tracking on does not appear in my Creator (full admin) account for Field Maps.

I can add my account to the Track Viewer to create tracks but it doesn't appear in Field maps.

I see in licenses Tracker is part of the Mobile Worker type but not Creator. I would assume a Creator would have everything a Mobile Worker has plus additional elements. Does this mean Creators can't use Tracker in Field Maps or am I just missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Each user who is going to be 'tracked' needs to have the Location Tracking User Type Extension. It is included with the Mobile Worker license, but must be added-on for any other user type.

2022-11-30_6-33-56.png

Field Apps Licensing Changes

- Jen

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Each user who is going to be 'tracked' needs to have the Location Tracking User Type Extension. It is included with the Mobile Worker license, but must be added-on for any other user type.

2022-11-30_6-33-56.png

Field Apps Licensing Changes

- Jen
DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for quick reply. Good to know although shame it is an additional (I assume) cost

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

We have been using tracker extension in AGOL, but this year ArcGIS Location Sharing showed up as an additional extension. I was under the impression that Location Sharing was replacing Tracker?  Could you provide more info on the differences.

Thanks,

Kathy

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

The legacy Tracker license and the Location Sharing extension provide the same capability but eventually the Tracker license will be phased out; for now they may live side-by-side in your organization. Eventually any existing Tracker licenses will be transferred over when it goes away completely in a coming release. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

Thanks for the info on the legacy Tracker and future Location Sharing extension. Maybe you could provide one other piece of clarification. In our organization with tracker extensions we pay for Creator licenses we have 15. Since Location Sharing extension showed up in our organization, the total now shows 66. We have not purchased additional tracker extension. We do have mobile licenses (27) which I know include tracker/location sharing. This would equal 42 location sharing licenses total. I do not understand the 66 licenses. Did others also see this jump in licenses?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not sure i'm qualified to answer that one, sorry! I would check with customer service or your account manager if possible. As far as I know they should be 1-for-1 and yes certain user types like mobile worker come with the Tracker/Location Sharing license. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

Thanks Colin on your understanding for the 1-for-1. I will follow up with our customer service contact. Thanks!

0 Kudos