Unable to Add New Feature w/ Dropped Pin Function

07-22-2021 07:28 AM
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Up until recently, I have had no issues with using the Dropped Pin function to add a new feature via "Collect Here". I recently added the GPS Metadata fields to the data and I feel this is causing the issue. When ever I try to drop a pin and add a new point using "Collect Here", upon submission I receive the message;

Unable to submit
Geodatabase data type mismatch.

I am not receiving this error when collecting a new point through the normal operation of adding a new point. Because of this, I did some additional testing using the "Collect Here" method and figured out when I "UPDATE POINT" utilizing "Use Target Location" or "Start Averaging"  I am then able to submit.

None of the GPS Metadata fields are required (to my knowledge). What may be causing this hangup?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Can't say I've got the same issue. I have gnss fields setup and have tried both offline and online and can "collect here".  But have you got GPS averaging turned on? Mines switched off, and don't use it for high accuracy data collection with an external gnss receiver.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Also, do the coordinate systems of your gnss layer and the web map match? And does the gnss profile match as well in your field maps settings?

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Averaging is on. The coordinate systems of the gnss layers, web map and gnss profile are all the same.

0 Kudos