Field Maps error "Geodatbase field not found"

07-20-2021 08:56 PM
GIS_System_AdministratorSunshi
New Contributor III

I have got a published feature service (MXD 10.8.1) with a handful of layers. One of the layers is not validating in Field Maps. Also is not visible in Collector. But works in Collector Classic. 

is visible in AGOL map.

The error I get in Field Maps say Geodatabase field not found"

It is a point layer, with attachments. Simple symbology. 

When I take the one point layer and publish it in a blank MXD by itself. It works. 

I have tried a blank MXD and copied all the layers from the original MXD across. republished as feature service. No luck. Still doesnt draw in Collector or Field Maps.

Hoping someone can shed some light on the error message given in Field Maps "Geodatabase field not found"

Shape field is turned on, editor tracking is enabled, globalID and ObjectID are visible

Thanks

Tags (2)
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever find the cause for this or a solution? We have recently received this error, along with "geodatabase is full". However, the errors are random in occurrence and "resolve" themselves without us doing anything different. We are also working with offline map areas, in case you were not. Packaging, download, and syncing all complete with no errors. 

RadhakrishnanNeelakantan
New Contributor III

We also got similar error. The webmap with the feature service layer is working fine from Collector, but Field map refuses to load the layer saying "Geodatabase field not found"

If you have found the solution, please let us know.

0 Kudos
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Any answers regarding this issue?

0 Kudos
Jefcoat_Nathan
New Contributor III

Yes, I was able resolve the issue.  The layer that was causing problems was a view layer.  I recreated it but that did not fix the issue.  However, there were other view layers created from the same parent layer from the feature service that had thrown the error.  I recreated all the view layers and that seems to have solved the issue.  

0 Kudos
Jefcoat_Nathan
New Contributor III

I have also just had this occur out of no where.  

0 Kudos
AndreasB
New Contributor II

Did you have any luck already on solving this issue? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a "fix". It was a lot of trial and error, but we originally got this error in Field Maps sporadically. The webmap contained a feature service that was published from ArcMap. We republished the service using ArcGIS Pro. It has been over a month and we have not received this error since the overwrite. I'd say if you are using services that were published from ArcMap, it is worth a try to publish from ArcGIS Pro. 

RadhakrishnanNeelakantan
New Contributor III

Thanks for posting the fix 

0 Kudos
tikola
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

We had similar error - solution in our case was removing the recently generated Sketch layer. So somehow some layers appearing in system suddenly start causing this error message and workflow to solve it was

1. Identify the feature layers etc. recently added
  2. Duplicate webmap so that you can freely test without breaking the original webmap.
  3. Remove layers one by one starting the most recent one until you get rid of this message and you found the problematic layer
  4. Remove only that from original webmap and problem got solved.

The best guess now is that when sketch layer was generated in Field Maps using GPS it created such Sketch layer that broke the Field Maps. I will study a bit more and repeat the process to see was this just unique occasion or something more systematic. My case had nothing to do with ArcMAP though the error message was just one mentioned here.

Isolating layers one by one was the solution to find the problematic one. So instead of just talking about ArcMAP we probably should talk about corrupted feature layers.

0 Kudos