Error downloading map: Premature end of content-length….

01-22-2022 07:23 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Downloading a map produces this error in the logs: Error downloading map: Premature end of content-length delimited message body.

I narrowed down the issue to a layer in the map that is a secured service. The layer has stored credentials. If I switch the layer with the same service and don’t store credentials, which prompts me to enter credentials when viewing the map, the download is successful. Thus, the layer is set-up correctly to allow for offline maps, its just something about the storing the credentials that prevents Field Maps from downloading.

This is a pretty big issue for us because we don’t want Field Map users to have to enter their credentials to the secured service each time they want to open the map.

I didn’t experience this issue in Collector.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User there is a related support case open and we are actively investigating this issue though I don't think there is a public bug for it yet. I would suggest emailing our team at arcgisfieldmaps@esri.com so we can work more closely with you and your organization. As you've found, it appears to be specific to secured services with stored credentials and may be dependent on your organizations server configuration.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User for the response! I sent an email to the team and opened a support case.

ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

Wanted to chime in and say my organization are intermittently having the same issue. We have services passed from our portal to AGOL with stored credentials. Most of our devices have not had issues downloading, but a few individuals have. 

We are using android devices.

Oddly when they attempt downloading via Collector for ArcGIS the error does not occur.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We're working on a patch release for Android to address this and a couple other issues. We're targeting early February for it.

It's due to a change in the latest ArcGIS Android SDK designed to improve downloading files. This issue is an unexpected side-effect from that change (and potentially tied to a specific version of ArcGIS Server/Portal).

Collector uses an older version of the SDK, that's why it's unaffected by this.

ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

great news! I appreciate the details and the quick reply.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User for reviewing this issue and responding back with an update!

0 Kudos
FabioPini
New Contributor

Buongiorno mi accodo, ho anche io la stessa problematica. Senza autenticazione tutto ok, con autenticazione stesso errore nei LOG di Arcgis Field.

Speriamo venga risolto presto!

Grazie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Field Maps 22.0.1 was released today which should address this issue (BUG-000146717).

0 Kudos