Print option from Experience Builder

05-16-2021 06:46 PM
Labels (1)
AliCohen
New Contributor II

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for printing in Experience Builder, or know when a Print widget may be available?

I've done some fancy footwork with the Filter widget to give me a customised Search option, but I can't seem to find a way around printing.

I don't have access to the Developer Edition.

Thanks in advance!!

Alison

35 Replies
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @AliCohen,

The Print widget is on the 2021 roadmap (and beyond...) experience-builder-roadmap-in-2021-and-beyond , so hopefully that will come in 2021 (and not beyond). In the meantime, Web AppBuilder may be an option for you?

Jamie.

AliCohen
New Contributor II

Thanks for responding, Jamie.

I had started with the WebApp Builder, however the grouping of layers was a major issue for us (we have one map with 72 layers across 14 groups), which the Experience Builder does quite well.  It was nearly impossible for our users to quickly and easily see what layers were on and available to them.  I had created layer lists with only certain layers visible to get a 'sort of' grouping, but it's a little too untidy for my OCD!!

Fingers crossed the Print widget is this year... 

RyanDickinson1
New Contributor III

@AliCohen you can also use the layer list grouping widget for WebApp Builder found here: https://github.com/Innovate-Inc/GroupedLayerListWidget.

You will still have to host the widget for availability in WebApp Builder, but then you have a grouped layer list and print.

AliCohen
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert - does this require Developer?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@AliCohen , yes custom widgets will require EB developer edition.

0 Kudos
cw_mund
New Contributor II

Hi @RobertScheitlin__GISP , do you know if you'll have time to look at an update to the widget for EB 1.6 at all? After loading the widget into EB 1.6, I'm seeing this error: 

esri_tasks_PrintTask__WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_5__ is not a constructor

Or if possible, point me in the right direction? I've loaded the module, I can see and place it, but as soon as I place it and or load the XB, I'm seeing that where the widget should be.

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Kishore
Occasional Contributor

Hi Cory Williams,

This is because of the EB 1.6 import module has changed. please refer to the link EB 1.6 breaking-changes .

All You need to do is; edit the "ArcGISExperienceBuilder1.6\client\your-extensions\widgets\print\src\runtime\widget.tsx" and replace following:

import * as PrintTask from "esri/tasks/PrintTask";
import * as PrintParameters from "esri/tasks/support/PrintParameters";
import * as PrintTemplate from "esri/tasks/support/PrintTemplate";
import * as esriRequest from "esri/request";
import * as MapView from "esri/views/MapView";

with below:

import PrintTask from "esri/tasks/PrintTask";
import PrintParameters from "esri/tasks/support/PrintParameters";
import PrintTemplate from "esri/tasks/support/PrintTemplate";
import esriRequest from "esri/request";
import MapView from "esri/views/MapView";

Restart your Client in CMD. this should work. However, kindly note the "esri/tasks/xxx" are deprecated.

Regards,
Kishore
0 Kudos
cw_mund
New Contributor II

@Kishore Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 🙂 That's fixed it! 

I believe that Printing is on the roadmap for the next 6 months, so this is just to enable printing in the interim.

0 Kudos