I have an UI bug when i implement the Coordinate Conversion widget from ArcGIS API for JS into experience builder as a custom widget.

10-14-2021 04:32 AM
ZachariasDrimiskianakis
New Contributor

I want to implement the Coordinate Conversion widget from ArcGIS API for JS into my new custom widget for ExB. So, i have modified the logic of the js-api-widget from the arcgis-experience-builder-sdk-resources-master folder by importing CoordinateConversion instead of Legend. However, as you will see in the screenshots below, in some cases, such as when I use it from widget controller, it does not work.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GavinRehkemper
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question. It seems like even the "js-api-widget" sample (without any changes) does not work when adding it to a Widget Controller. I'm looking into this to see if there's a fix/workaround for this.

0 Kudos
ZachariasDrimiskianakis
New Contributor

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@ZachariasDrimiskianakis FYI, EXB already has a coordinate conversion widget that extends the CC widget in JSAPI. Just curious to know your plans of creating a custom CC widget in EXB. Are there gaps you identified in the existing EXB CC widget that made you want to create a custom CC widget?

0 Kudos
ZachariasDrimiskianakis
New Contributor

For this widget, I would like to add my own custom conversions in the next phase. Also, I would generally like to find a way to use the already existing widgets of ArcGIS API for JS in ExB.

0 Kudos
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@ZachariasDrimiskianakis Here's an example of adding a custom conversion. Also, for context, the Coordinate Conversion widget in ExB extends the Coordinate Conversion widget in the JSAPI by adding a custom conversion for addresses (geocoding and reverse geocoding). You can use that as a guide on how to incorporate JSAPI widgets in ExB. 

0 Kudos