Generate new output with a Filter

Jump to solution
09-07-2021 01:09 PM
WaterHammer
New Contributor II

Using Experience Builder 1.5.

As I understand it, only the Chart and Query widgets create a new output by default that can then be used as a Trigger for a map. (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/build-apps/select-data.htm --Output Data section near bottom of page).

Is it possible to modify the Filter widget to also produce output data?  The end-goal is to have a map update view extents based on Filter selections.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@WaterHammer,

The Filter widget does and will not generate output data source, since it is against the purpose of this widget. As @jcarlson mentioned, that's the function area of the Query widget.

For the request "The end-goal is to have a map update view extents based on Filter selections", we will have this feature enhanced as part of the Filter widget function, to zoom to filtered results. Also, you can refer to the What's Coming In September blog. Keep tuned.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Isn't that essentially what the Query widget does?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
WaterHammer
New Contributor II

Yes, the Query widget does that but it also opens a "Results" menu and is a bit clunky without many default options to customize. 

I'd like to modify the Query widget, but it's the only widget I haven't been able to copy/modify from /client/dist/widgets/arcgis/.  I've posted that issue here (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/error-copying-query-widget-to-your...) but haven't made any progress in resolving it yet.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@WaterHammer,

The Filter widget does and will not generate output data source, since it is against the purpose of this widget. As @jcarlson mentioned, that's the function area of the Query widget.

For the request "The end-goal is to have a map update view extents based on Filter selections", we will have this feature enhanced as part of the Filter widget function, to zoom to filtered results. Also, you can refer to the What's Coming In September blog. Keep tuned.

WaterHammer
New Contributor II

Nice!

0 Kudos