Filter Widget - Multiple Selection

Jump to solution
08-16-2022 06:45 AM
TheGamer
Occasional Contributor

Charanb_0-1660657304907.png

So, I'm trying to select multiple names however it only allows me to select 1 name. There are times when I can select them but I have to click on the boxes really fast and even when I'm able to select them. The filter does not work properly. Basically, I want the user to select a province, and based on that it should only show the user the names associated with the selected province, and from there they should be allowed to select multiple names. The filter is working for one of my views, however, when I replicate the process for other views (the layer being filtered for each view is the same), I'm only able to select it once. Could you please help @TonghuiMing @@ShengdiZhang @jcarlson

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TheGamer It seems like the configuration of the Clause set has some logical defects.

In view2, the configuration contains two single clauses; while in view1, it is two clauses within one clause set:

TonghuiMing_0-1661321737892.png

Currently, you could change Filter1's setting to two single clauses, like that of Filter2, as a workaround.

In the meantime, we'll try to fix the problem. Thanks for bringing it up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TheGamer What is the 'view' you are referring to? Data views?

I am not able to reproduce your case, do you mind sharing the app/data with the reproducible steps?

0 Kudos
TheGamer
Occasional Contributor

@TonghuiMing basically for my app  I have created the same filter for each view as each web map contains the same data being filtered. When you run this app you will notice the glitch happens in view1, but works perfectly fine in view2

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/0f6f563037924b22b329f472d69a9087/

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TheGamer Unfortunately, I got the "Create map failed" message, which I believe is due to the fact that the web map used is not shared.

However, based on the sight of your app configuration, I believe what you saw is as expected, because of the two filters "contains the same data being filtered". Once you've filtered the data in view2 when you open the filter widget in view1, it should and will be automatically updated in sync - otherwise, it is a bug (the time when you saw a full list probably was caused by a slow network or loading process).

In ExB, filters on the default data view affect all widgets that use the data or its views. Filters on a specific data view only affect widgets that use the same data view. You can refer to the detailed doc on ExB > Select data.

If you do not want these two Section views to have filters affecting each other, try creating separate Data views for each and then choose the correct data view for filtering - this is the expected way to achieve similar cases:

TonghuiMing_0-1661220145240.png

TonghuiMing_1-1661220267113.png

0 Kudos
TheGamer
Occasional Contributor

@TonghuiMing I have shared the web map. The thing is in View1, I'm able to only select 1 option but view2, I'm able to select multiple options from filter dropdown

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TheGamer Thanks for sharing. I am able to reproduce the issue which does look weird. Let us take a look.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@TheGamer It seems like the configuration of the Clause set has some logical defects.

In view2, the configuration contains two single clauses; while in view1, it is two clauses within one clause set:

TonghuiMing_0-1661321737892.png

Currently, you could change Filter1's setting to two single clauses, like that of Filter2, as a workaround.

In the meantime, we'll try to fix the problem. Thanks for bringing it up.

0 Kudos
TheGamer
Occasional Contributor

@TonghuiMing thank you so much. Also, wouldn't this problem occur if I was to change the first and second clause to have multiple selections?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Yeah, it should behave as expected, as long as you avoid using the clause set at this time.

0 Kudos
TheGamer
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it!