Experience Builder Printing Widget Problems

Jump to solution
08-03-2022 03:53 AM
Labels (1)
MatAzzopardiRWE
New Contributor III

Having a few problems with the new printing widget in Experience Builder.

1. Co-ordinate Transformation Error

I have included the printer widget in my webapp and want to give my users the option of printing whether using ESRI's basemaps such as the World Imagery, or for the Ordnance Survey basemaps. I've had difficulty printing to either the World Imagery or GB Cartographic when using different default output spatial references with either WKID 3857 (WGS 1984 Web Mercator auxiliary sphere) or WKID 27700 (OSGB). My datasets can translate to either WGS1984 or OSGB within the webapp, but not on print, so currently I have two printing widgets, one for ESRI using WKID 3857 and one for OS using WKID 27700. As my end users won't fully understand about the two different co-ordinate systems, I'm worried that they may use the incorrect printing widget for whichever basemap and then start showing information in the wrong place. Is there anyway to work at this properly, rather than my work around of having two printing widgets? Any recommendations would be highly appreciated!

2. PDF Font Error

I'm encountering a problem with the PDF/Font after print. On some PDFs, the text is appearing as normal, however on some PDFs the text has altered and doesn't look evenly spaced out correctly. This further causes a problem on saving the PDF and on opening in Adobe Acrobat, the error appears of "Cannot find or create the font 'ArialUnicodeMS'. Some characters may not display or print correctly". On going past this error in Acrobat, then all text displays as POINTS.

In the Font properties of the incorrectly displaying PDF it reads.

ArialUnicodeMS    Type: TrueType(CID)     Encoding: Identity-H     Actual Font: Unknown

In the Font properties of the correctly displaying PDF it reads.

ArialUnicodeMs (Embedded Subset)     Type: TrueType(CID)     Encoding: Identity-H

3. Legend displaying

The legend does not display for me in experience builder at all.

In WebAppBuilder, it is displaying for me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MatAzzopardiRWE ,

1. If you enable the Override common settings, you can use different output spatial references for different print templates in one print widget.

ShengdiZhang_0-1659683627780.png

2. This is a known issue of the print service. https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MDgwOQ== 

3. Do you have grouped layers in your map data?

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MatAzzopardiRWE ,

1. If you enable the Override common settings, you can use different output spatial references for different print templates in one print widget.

ShengdiZhang_0-1659683627780.png

2. This is a known issue of the print service. https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MDgwOQ== 

3. Do you have grouped layers in your map data?

Regards,

Shengdi

MatAzzopardiRWE
New Contributor III

Hi Shengdi

Thank you for replying to this.

1. I've just made the amendment to my Experience Builder and that works for me now.

What is the likelihood of eventually just having the one setting, and just having the on the fly transformation using the stock transformation files in ArcGIS Pro, such as OSGB_2_WGS_NTv2?

2. So potentially a fix will come soon then?

I did used to have such a problem with fonts over the years especially whether from CorelDRAW, Adobe Products or ArcMap as our company had our own bespoke font..........what I did in the end was always embed the font and then it never caused problems. I guess there's a problem with the embedding of the font online at the moment?

3. I did have groups..........but now I do not, and it is printing the legend for me! 🙂

Thanks for the tip!

Kind regards,

Mat

0 Kudos
MatAzzopardiRWE
New Contributor III

Hi Shengdi

Just a point on number 3.........in this occasion the features not printing which were in the group has been fine to not have in a group. However, there are other maps that I'll want to keep items in a group, is there anyway around the group not printing problem?

Kind regards,

Mat

ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MatAzzopardiRWE ,

1. I've just made the amendment to my Experience Builder and that works for me now.

What is the likelihood of eventually just having the one setting, and just having the on the fly transformation using the stock transformation files in ArcGIS Pro, such as OSGB_2_WGS_NTv2?

For now, it is unlikely that we will support this, as the print widget only reads information from the print service when it is set up.

Just a point on number 3.........in this occasion the features not printing which were in the group has been fine to not have in a group. However, there are other maps that I'll want to keep items in a group, is there anyway around the group not printing problem?

This is a known bug and we plan to fix it, you can track this issue here: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MTAyMg==

0 Kudos
Curt_H
by
New Contributor III

Hi @ShengdiZhang - The link you provided is broken and I would really like to follow the progress/status of this Legend - group layer issue in EB. Thanks!

"This is a known bug and we plan to fix it, you can track this issue here: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MTAyMg=="

MatthewMalone
Occasional Contributor

Related to the grouped layer bug, I'm building with EB on AGO and grouped layers are showing up in the legend but not on the map itself.  Is this being looked into as a separate bug?  Having layers grouped is a fantastic option for efficiency, but if they're not showing upon the map itself, that's a bit of a problem. 🙂  I've attached a PDF of our city campus which has numerous storm water layers drawing (on-screen) as a grouped layer, but only the legend is displayed in the printout.

Thanks!

-Matt 

0 Kudos
MatAzzopardiRWE
New Contributor III

The bug where any grouped layer would not display in the legend has now been fixed! 🙂

0 Kudos
barryguidry1
New Contributor

Is it possible to turn on the legend in the print widget configuration, by default?

0 Kudos