Experience Builder Branch Version Management Widget Error

Jump to solution
08-16-2022 06:13 AM
DaltonBloom
New Contributor III

I've established a versioned dataset (following this documentation - https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/register-a-dataset-as-branc...), and published this data to Enterprise (referenced layer, checked version management box, dedicated instance), and I can successfully work with the versioning tools within ArcGIS Pro for this published layer. When setting up an Experience Builder and attempting to use the Branch Version Management widget, I consistently get the error "Not a valid versioned service" when attempting to add the versioned feature layer as a data source. Has anyone else experienced this error? How did you resolve it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaltonBloom
New Contributor III

Hi @AlixVezina thank you for the quick response. I published the layer to the federated Enterprise deployment from an enterprise geodatabase. I registered the layer as versioned within the EGDB without an issue, and have confirmed versioning access from the published feature layer. The feature layer was published based on the Esri documentation to ensure versioning access. And I had attempted adding the feature layer to the experience builder in various ways (in web map, direct data connect, via URL) but would continue getting the same error message from the branch version management widget. Ultimately I was able to solve this issue by changing the share settings on the feature layer, from Private to Public. After that the widget was able to recognize the feature layer and allowed for proper configuration. Is that expected behavior that the layer needs to be shared publicly in order for the branch version management widget to acknowledge that the layer is properly set up with versioning capabilities?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DaltonBloom,

There are currently some limitations due to the version management endpoint becoming inaccessible if you are using a federated server or a service with stored credentials. Please could you provide more details on your server setup, how the service was published, and you it's being added to your application and the Branch Version Management widget?

0 Kudos
DaltonBloom
New Contributor III

Hi @AlixVezina thank you for the quick response. I published the layer to the federated Enterprise deployment from an enterprise geodatabase. I registered the layer as versioned within the EGDB without an issue, and have confirmed versioning access from the published feature layer. The feature layer was published based on the Esri documentation to ensure versioning access. And I had attempted adding the feature layer to the experience builder in various ways (in web map, direct data connect, via URL) but would continue getting the same error message from the branch version management widget. Ultimately I was able to solve this issue by changing the share settings on the feature layer, from Private to Public. After that the widget was able to recognize the feature layer and allowed for proper configuration. Is that expected behavior that the layer needs to be shared publicly in order for the branch version management widget to acknowledge that the layer is properly set up with versioning capabilities?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@DaltonBloom , when your service is secured and you add it to the Branch Version Management widget using the URL as data source, are you prompted to login using your server credentials?

Also one thing to consider is if the user your are using has all the version management privileges.

0 Kudos
DaltonBloom
New Contributor III

@AlixVezina I do not get prompted to enter credentials when adding via URL. Aside from being an administrator, are there additional privileges required?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@DaltonBloom , we may need to take a closer look at your setup. If it's something you'd like to investigate further you may either contact Esri Support directly and they can help review your setup and try to find the source of the issue, or we can setup a meeting and try to look into it if you email me avezina@esri.com. Thank you!

0 Kudos