Dynamic Content in Text Widget not displaying time with date

Jump to solution
04-08-2022 01:00 PM
lrfinley
New Contributor II

I'm using the text widget in experience builder to display a record's date and time but the time does not show up with the date, even though the time is present in the field. Why is this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @lrfinley 

I cannot reproduce your issue, the date format in my text widget is the same as the format of the map popup:

ShengdiZhang_0-1649643121752.png

Can you check if the time is also not displayed in the map popup window? And do you have the "Show time" option enabled in the map viewer?

ShengdiZhang_1-1649643216220.png

Regards,

Shengdi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @lrfinley 

I cannot reproduce your issue, the date format in my text widget is the same as the format of the map popup:

ShengdiZhang_0-1649643121752.png

Can you check if the time is also not displayed in the map popup window? And do you have the "Show time" option enabled in the map viewer?

ShengdiZhang_1-1649643216220.png

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
lrfinley
New Contributor II

So now I'm running into a very similar type of problem but not exactly the same. So I can get the time to show up but it always displays in regular time instead of military time. So for example, the fields are displaying 1:00 pm instead of 1300, how I have designated it in the pop-up configuration in the web map. If I look at the table in the web map it is right, but whenever I connect to that layer in that map in a text widget in Exp Builder its losing that formatting. Does that make sense?

0 Kudos
lrfinley
New Contributor II

Thank you for replying! I was working with a 'view' of the original layer and didn't realize it until after this post, their pop-ups were configured differently somehow. I did the same work flow you outlined above and it worked! Thanks again!

0 Kudos
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

I'm running into a similar issue, but I'm using a hosted feature layer that's just a hosted table (no geometry) and I can't seem to get the text widget to show times. I have tried connecting to it directly through the widget, as well as connecting to the data through a web map that has the 'Show time' toggle enabled on the field for the layer.

Does it not work for hosted tables?

-Aaron