Access Portal from Two Machines

Jump to solution
11-21-2022 09:20 AM
Labels (2)
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I've been using Developer Edition of ExB for a couple years and have a few apps developed for my organization. We've hired another GIS Tech and I am trying to get their installation of ExB to access the same apps that I work on (ie. not copies). We use the same admin account to download ExB, so the O Auth 2.0 client ID s the same. The login-info.json on both of our separate deployments is also has the same app id's, so everything should be matching up, but none of the apps are visible when they log in to either our Portal or Enterprise accounts. 

I don't actually know if this is possible, but I assume that it is (or at least should be), because in our Web AppBuilder deployments, we're able to work on the same apps interchangeably without making copies. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The apps will not be visible in EB Dev, as the apps are being kept in /server/public/apps on the local machine running EB Dev. Since you're running it on two machines, you'll have two separate directories of apps.

In order to collaborate on the same apps, you'll need to do some extra setup. There are a couple of options for this:

1. Get EB Dev running on a machine that both of you can access remotely, so that the apps and files you're creating are centralized to the remote machine, and not kept locally on either of your workstations.
  2. Use some kind of source version control like Git, and initialize a repository in your EB Dev's server/public/apps folder. Regularly syncing and pushing changes can keep any number of machines up to date with one another.
- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The apps will not be visible in EB Dev, as the apps are being kept in /server/public/apps on the local machine running EB Dev. Since you're running it on two machines, you'll have two separate directories of apps.

In order to collaborate on the same apps, you'll need to do some extra setup. There are a couple of options for this:

1. Get EB Dev running on a machine that both of you can access remotely, so that the apps and files you're creating are centralized to the remote machine, and not kept locally on either of your workstations.
  2. Use some kind of source version control like Git, and initialize a repository in your EB Dev's server/public/apps folder. Regularly syncing and pushing changes can keep any number of machines up to date with one another.
- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks that did wind up working. I had previously tried to get it installed on a network drive but was having issues. It was long enough ago that I don't actually remember what the issue was, but this time I got it going. Thanks again!

0 Kudos