Using "Geometries" for a Remap raster function against an image service

08-15-2022 10:33 AM
matteking
New Contributor

Hello,

The documentation for "Remap" on the raster function object page claims the "Remap" raster function allows you to pass in "GeometryType/Geometries" as arguments when remapping values in a raster. Maybe I'm interpreting this incorrectly, but my assumption would be it will only remap the given input values to their respective output values ONLY if they intersect with the provided geometries in the "Geometries" property.

The documentation also says these properties were added at 10.3, I have tested against an ImageServer at 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8.

Not only can I not get this to work based on my interpretation, but these properties seem to be ignored altogether. If I provide garbage values for "GeometryType/Geometries" it doesn't even error out.

I originally posted this question/issue in the ArcGIS Javascript API community (with code example) because I am attempting to do this via the renderingRule property after instantiating an ImageryLayer class against an image service. But I figured I'd also post in this community since the processing is actually done on the server.

Is my interpretation wrong? Is the documentation wrong or outdated? Does an image service need to be published with certain features enabled?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
0 Replies