Unable to install 10.9.1 - Visual C++ issue

05-16-2022 05:06 PM
Brady
by
New Contributor III

We are currently upgrading our dev environment from 10.8.1 to 10.9.1.  

One of our three server machines refuses to acknowledge that MS Visual C++ 2015-2019 etc etc is installed and we are stuck at that dialog. Clicking through tells us that ArcGIS Server failed to install.  We have tried everything from uninstalling 10.8.1 to reg cleans, anti-virus off, newer versions of the redist.  but no go. It refuses to budge.

The three servers were built identically (Mapserver01,Mapserver02, Imageserver01), but this issue for some reason is only on one.

Esri seem to have no solution to bypass it. 

Has anyone encountered this issue and were they able to get past it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I would suggest not upgrading to 10.9.1 and wait until 11.0

In enterprise 10.9.1 you lose the ability to see attachments as thumbnails is one of the more frustrating issues

and there are a few other minor irritants that we have encountered. 

The blanket answer from ESRI is we will try to fix them for 11.0

I assume the machine in question is verified 64 bit

0 Kudos
Brady
by
New Contributor III

Yes, 64. We gave up and rebuilt the server. Pretty quick in a VM environment.

You are not the first to have told us to wait till 11 due to various issues. 🙂 We will not upgrade our production space till a .1 eleven version I guess.

Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

There are two aspects that are very disappointing to me in Dashboards other than the Thumbnails.

When creating a new element such as list, details, chart, etc. You now have the ability to create a data expression and bring in a single feature class or table or with a data expression. The data expression I believe should be able to allow you to customize the data that is brought in. But I have not gotten to deep into it.

The other aspect, which is bigger for me, is Advanced Formatting in a List.  Meaning you can write Arcade expressions to change up the way your data is manipulated.  

I developed a Web App using Survey123 for Field Crews to inspect Buildings.  There are 132 questions each with an opportunity to take a photo.

Using Advanced Formatting I am able to make in red text answers that are negative in nature. 

But I won't bother getting to deep into the possibilities until the issues are fixed

0 Kudos
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

I have this same problem, that I cannot solved yet. Tried everything as you told.

There are any ESRI Staff to help us please ??

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 00.44.57.png

0 Kudos