I upgraded my Sandbox 10.9.1 Enteprise System to 11.1 a few months ago. Ever since I have been unable to login to Portal through the Web Adaptor becuase the sign in screen times out. The standard esri sign in dialog box will not show up. I can sign in through the port successfully. I have tried every option I can think of to get past this. The screen shot attached shows the error I always get.
1. Uninstalled every peiece of the system and re-installed
2. All esri patches installed
3. Check certificates
4. Tried logging in from differerent machines, outside and inside of networks
5. Nothing is called it in the Portal or IIS logs
5. Checked AV and Firewall
6. My load balancer has a 180 second timeout so it should be plenty of time
My other 10.9.1 systems all work normally and are setup almost exactly the same.
Windows HA setup.
Yeah the system is fully patched including the Web Adaptor Reliability Update 2 patch. I was really hoping that second WA patch would do the trick.. I saw the patch update that esri put out and I checked the webadaptor.dll and it has the correct timestamp. This is a real head scratcher!
For those requests where you are seeing "net::ERR_INCOMPLETE_CHUNKED_ENCODING", can you access any of those urls directly in the browser? I'm wondering if the load balancer might be adjusting or removing the "Transfer-Encoding" response header for some reason. That would make it freeze like you are seeing. Can you access the sign-in page through the web adaptor url directly (bypassing the load balancer)?
I can access all of the urls that throw the Err Incomplete error messages. If I take the url from the console and plug it into a browser they load right up?? It makes no sense why the page wont load if I can reach all the urls.
I still can't access the sign in page through the web adaptor at all. If I try through the public url or the web adaptor machine name, nothing works. I am able to access the sign in page if I go through the port. It loads as expected. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time going through my web servers looking for issues. So far there is nothing.
I am going to reach out to my sys admin and see if he can spot anything in the LB that might be messing with the Response Headers.
thanks for taking the time and responding!!
There's been an update to the reliability patch. I would install that as soon as you can, and see if that makes any difference. There was an issue with the first update of Patch 2, where the installer said it completed, but didn't actually complete.