Patch Notification Tool for GeoEvent 10.7.1 downloads same patch over and over, suggests wrong patch for ArcGIS Server 10.7

09-20-2021 06:40 AM
ChristophK
New Contributor II

I have been updating our servers and found several issues with the provided patchnotification tool.

ArcGIS Server 10.7 (not .1) on Windows:

The tool suggests a patch that is only available for Server 10.7.1, downloads it, and then fails to install.

"ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine, Server) File Geodatabase SQL Performance Patch" https://support.esri.com/de/download/7863

ArcGIS GeoEvent 10.7.1 on Windows:

The tool downloads "ArcGIS GeoEvent Server 10.7.1 Patch 1" every time I run it, even though it already successfully installed it. I also tried installing this patch manually between runs, which does not change the behaviour. There is a newer patch "ArcGIS GeoEvent Server 10.7.1 Patch 2" (aka. "ArcGIS GeoEvent Server Security Update 2021 Patch") which should include patch 1 (cummulative update), the tool lists this one as installed. I'm not sure if the tool gets confused and thinks Patch 1 is not installed when Patch 2 is?

Worst of all, due to a long-standing bug the tool quits after every installation and there's no way to simply download all patches. Are there plans to backport the fix? Can I use the fixed version from 10.8.1 on an older installation?

0 Kudos
0 Replies