Is webgisdr tool backward compatible

Jump to solution
03-29-2023 04:02 AM
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Webgisdr is included in ArcGIS Portal setup and I am assuming that it is stick with release which comes with.
I am curious if it is backward compatible.
For example can I use webgisdr version 11 on ArcGIS Ent 10.9.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

The answer is as I expected.

Unable to use the Web GIS DR tool. The current version of the WebGIS DR tool is 11.0.0, and current version of Portal for ArcGIS is 10.9.1. Please use the Web GIS DR tool included in the tools directory of the install directory for Portal for ArcGIS 10.9.1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor
  • The ArcGIS Enterprise organization to which you restore must be at the same version it was when you created the backup. Additionally, you must restore to the same type of operating system. For example, you cannot create a backup of an organization on Linux and restore it to Microsoft Windows machines.

From the documentation: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/restore-web-gis.htm

So "No" to your specific questions about backwards compatibility.

Hope this helps!

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hello @George_Thompson ,

Thank you for your answer.

Let me explain a little more in case you misunderstood.

I mean that, can I use tool itself on older environment. I will copy webgisdr folder from version11 and put in another machine version 10.9.1 installed. And take backup from 10.9.1 and restore it to 10.9.1.

Again the answer might be No but I wanted to make sure I spelled it right.

Thanks,

Suleyman.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

The tool itself has been around for many versions.

It may be possible to copy the file over for creating the webgisdr from 11 --> 10.9.1. There may be some differences in between the versions and it will need to be updated for the version that is running it; https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/10.9.1/administer/windows/create-web-gis-backup.htm

Let us know if there are more questions. Thanks!

--- George T.
0 Kudos
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

The answer is as I expected.

Unable to use the Web GIS DR tool. The current version of the WebGIS DR tool is 11.0.0, and current version of Portal for ArcGIS is 10.9.1. Please use the Web GIS DR tool included in the tools directory of the install directory for Portal for ArcGIS 10.9.1.

0 Kudos
FredericPoliart_EsriAU
Occasional Contributor II

I need to backup from an ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 using WebGISDR and restore it on 10.9.1 using WebGISDR
The systems are both on AWS hosted , and they will be completely separated from each other .
Both systems will use the exact same domain names and identical logins.

What are my chances?

[a] likely
[b] worth a shot
[c] no way
[d] start writing python scripts, boy

0 Kudos