Integrate Enterprise Geodatabase with Field Maps and Survey123 on AGOL

05-20-2022 07:50 AM
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

Is distributed collaboration the only way to integrate Enterprise Geodatabase and apps such as Field Maps and Survey123 which are hosted on AGOL? Our Portal is behind a firewall, and we would like to keep it that way. But still enable bidirectional automatic updates to items shared between EGDB and AGOL. Maybe some sort of API integration is also an option with DMZ set up?

Just trying to explore the different options. Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ScottTansley3
New Contributor III

Most of my clients are using Data Interop, Python scripts or FME to accomplish this task.

AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

thank you @ScottTansley3!

Would you know if reference python scripts are available online anywhere? Also it seems from your experience distributed collaboration isn't used by anyone?

0 Kudos
ScottTansley3
New Contributor III

Hey.  Not sure on reference scripts,  My life changed from Dev to IaaS/Cloud about 10 years ago and a bit out of the game, but many of my clients have found start points (from the web) and modified them.  Where my clients are using Distributed Collaborations it's mainly from Hosted Feature Services rather than Feature Services from the EGDB.  One clients has tried to use the EGDB approach, there are several documented dependencies on what EGDB versioning options.  They contradicted the versioning strategies they needed elsewhere (business reasons), so it was a no go, but yes it's possible.  I would recommend doing DC's out of hours if possible though so that the associated long-running processes do not clash with normal mapping production.

LaurenAlt
New Contributor II

Hi, we are trying to make this work with 10.7.1. It is very flimsy, and I haven't been able to successfully get data from our enterprise DB through our Portal, to AGOL, add points in Field Maps, then get the data back into the EGDB. I'm thinking I will need to create the feature in AGOL, have it updated in Field Map, then sent to the Enterprise Portal before manually handling it into our EGDB. Hoping this will be resolved when we eventually upgrade. It sounds like a great idea, but I don't want to rely on it for important datasets. If you have and any success, I would love to hear how you overcame it.

0 Kudos