How to repoint all map services to a new data source ?

Jump to solution
06-28-2022 08:18 AM
yockee
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I need some help.

I am in the middle of upgrading ORACLE (from 11g to 19c). The upgrade was success, all FC are still intact and operation is absolutely normal from ArcgisPro 2.8 point of view.

But, there is a problem for map services! How do I repoint all the map services to the new data source in the fastest way as possible ?

I have like 250 map services and I do not want to do it manually. I know how to do it manually, by opening the MAPX file and repoint all the FCs to their new source. Although its guaranteed success, But...Its just too much with 250 services.

Can anyone help with advice or point me to the right direction ?

My setup : Geodatabase 10.9.1.2.9, Oracle 19c, ArcGIS Pro 2.8, Geoportal and ArcGIS Server. There are Feature Services, Map Services and image service.

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yockee
by

Hi all,

It turns out that this works perfectly well, even for oracle too : https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-documents/update-arcgis-server-services-after-sql-se...

Thanks guys

View solution in original post

6 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you using TNSNAMES for the Oracle connection in Pro?

If so, you may be able to just update the TNSNAMES file with the new Oracle SID info and maybe restart the service.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
yockee
by

Yes, I use TNS. You mean I use the same TNS but with different Host and ServiceName (DB) name ?  

maybe there is equivalent of this procedure on Oracle.

thanks

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I am just thinking that if you update the TNS to the new Oracle host / DB name that it should point to the new DB.

--- George T.
yockee
by

yes George thanks. I might try this.

If I change the TNS, It doesn't have any impact right to the integrity of the whole system ? I am just being very very overly cautious.. 🙂

thanks 

0 Kudos
NileshValwaikar
New Contributor III

If you have a registered datasource for your database than you can try to update the connection and point it to the new database.. 

Create a .sde file for the new database connection from arcpro and than in portal or arcserver manager (depnds if you have created a shared portal item) edit the datasource by giving the new .sde connection file... 

BTW we were using postgres not oracle. 

yockee
by

Hi all,

It turns out that this works perfectly well, even for oracle too : https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-documents/update-arcgis-server-services-after-sql-se...

Thanks guys