Expired SSL cert on Web Adaptor machine impacting registered datastores on portal?

11-23-2022 11:36 AM
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to figure out unfamiliar territory so sorry for the lack of correct terminology (I'm a non-network admin forced to do network stuff and I'm trying to work through the ESRI support documents without much luck).

Our IT Dept has a script that tells them when certs are expiring, but somehow the GIS servers got missed.  A cert expired on our web adaptor machine, which is in the DMZ.  

Now, a few of the datastores on our portal are no long accessible.  I am getting the below error from my hosting server.

Kara_Shindle_1-1669231913345.png

Is this being caused by the web adapter machine's cert expiring?   They have issued a new cert, but now I'm not sure what I am supposed to do with it.  It's got the appropriate bindings to Port 443 from what the tell me.  Do I need to register it with the ArcGIS Server, datastore, or portal?  

I'm confused because I didn't want to try and register the cert in the wrong place and screw things up.

Enterprise 10.8.1, federated ArcGIS Server

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
If your datastore is also using the same cert, then you will have to update that one as well
https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/update-ads-ssl-certificate.htm

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

I did run this utility and it says it ran successfully.  It did not, however, fix the error message we are getting with certain datastores now.

0 Kudos
dgiersz_cuyahoga
Occasional Contributor

I would make sure the certificates of each Enterprise component are still valid.  The machines running Server, Portal, and DataStore also have their own certificates. By default they are all self-signed, but your organization may not allow that.

#CLE #sloth
0 Kudos