ArcGIS Server install Error Microsoft Visual C++

Jump to solution
08-20-2022 04:33 PM
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

I'm attempt to upgrade my ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 Deployment to 10.9.1 version, but when I execute setup.exe application is returning error: ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributed (x64) 14.27.29016 or greater to proceed.

Alright, My windows server 2016, is updated with last version of Microsoft Visual C++, and I uninstall and install again couple times, and nothing, same error again and again, Portal and DataStore same.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 00.44.57.png

I'd like some help, I've have search since last week about this error. 

ArcGIS application seems to cannot detect Microsoft Visual C++ installation or something like that

[UPDATE]

Accessing installation log, there is an error:

" [ERROR] Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (x64) detected to have multiple instances installed on the system " 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Problem solved

It's necessary stop all arcgis process and services running on Server, after that, system allows to unistall older version from microsoft visual c++ property, and install a newer version, after that, setup.exe from portal, server and datastore runs fine

windows server 2016, arcgis enterprise 10.8.1 to 10.9.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Problem solved

It's necessary stop all arcgis process and services running on Server, after that, system allows to unistall older version from microsoft visual c++ property, and install a newer version, after that, setup.exe from portal, server and datastore runs fine

windows server 2016, arcgis enterprise 10.8.1 to 10.9.1

0 Kudos
RuchiraWelikala2
New Contributor III

Ran into this issue during a production update today. Ours is a 3 machine cluster and we hit the snag right out of the gate. We tried everything but to no avail. The arcgis msi fails to recognize the c++ redistributables on the server. We installed and reinstalled them. Removed registry keys associated with it. Reinstalled. Nothing. So frustrating 

0 Kudos
RenatoTeixeira1
New Contributor III

Try to restore your server to previous starting upgrade process, stop all arcgis services like server, portal and datastore, open windows task manager and kill every arcgis process, after that download the last version of vc++ from microsoft site (last version 2022) and run stetup, it will remove previous vc++ version and install newer.

Don't force uninstall !!! must to be by default vc++ instalation process. If you remove then by brute force arcgis setup can't regonize 

0 Kudos
RuchiraWelikala2
New Contributor III

No luck, unfortunately. We had to rebuild all the VMs and reinstall ArcGIS 10.7.1 on them. Seems that something corrupted on them. It even prevented the servers from getting updated versions of VMWare Management tools. Very strange. I attempted all your methods but it did not pan out. Thank you for the prompt reply! Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
RakhaZufarahman
New Contributor

im sorry for asking this again after one year later, but did you find the solution and what it was? thanks in advance

0 Kudos
RuchiraWelikala2
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, the only thing that worked for us was taking each machine out of the site, wiping the VM and reinitiating a new VM, then install ArcGIS 10.7.1, join the site again, and then upgrade that machine to 10.9.1. Having done that, we removed the other two machines, wiped them away, and re-initiated them, and installed 10.9.1, and then have them join the first machine and its now upgraded site.

0 Kudos