ArcGIS Enterprise Server 11.0: Could not create object 'ConfigurationFactory'.

Jump to solution
09-26-2022 08:38 AM
OKUM_GIS
New Contributor II

I wanted to install ArcGIS Server 11 on a Windows 2019 Datacenter Server. I installed the .NET SDK 6.0.4. The latest Visual C++ Redistributable are installed within the Setup. Installation and Licencing are working fine, but when I want to create a new server site I get this error: 0x80040154 - Could not create object 'ConfigurationFactory'. 

Can anyone provide some information that might help me solve this. I can't find much on the net or the documentation.

Thx in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OKUM_GIS
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Server 11.0 Site Creation and Upgrade Patch solves the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NathanEnge
Esri Contributor
If you have antivirus, perhaps disable that, uninstall the server, delete the folders, then try again?

ajglsu
by
New Contributor

I have this same exact error trying to install on both Windows Server 2019 and 2022. 

I've successfully gotten it to work with a local Hyper-V VM of Windows Server 2022, but it fails with this exact error on any of our domain hosts regardless of OS.

I'm investigating group policies and other domain-specific configurations, but Event Viewer only shows a module failure of gdal_e.dll. 

ajglsu
by
New Contributor

Additional feedback:

Installing ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 and creating the site on the same host is successful, where ArcGIS Server 11 fails. 

0 Kudos
OKUM_GIS
New Contributor II

Sorry for getting back to youse so late.
Ours is also a Hyper-V machine and we've never had any problems with the 10.x versions. Tried with antivirus and firewall settings, but still not running, unfortunately.

Have you had any luck in the meantime @ajglsu ?

0 Kudos
OKUM_GIS
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Server 11.0 Site Creation and Upgrade Patch solves the problem.

0 Kudos