Will the Map Viewer allow embed or iframe content in popups

11-18-2021 11:19 AM
BrianWilson7
Occasional Contributor III

I'm using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9

I want to embed content into a popup. 

When I edit the popup and add an iframe, it seems to get removed immediately -- when I switch back to the preview mode and then to HTML mode, it's just gone.

When I use the embed tag, it works, but when I save the map and reload it, it's gone. It's being deleted before it's saved to the map configuration file.

Do other people see this? Is it a "feature" that's undocumented? Can I disable the feature?

Here are some screen captures. Here is editing the popup in HTML mode

BrianWilson7_1-1637262681565.png

switch to preview mode and you can see the embed content is there. Scrolling down reveals there is no iframe content.

BrianWilson7_2-1637262754899.png

switch back to html and note the iframe is now gone

BrianWilson7_3-1637262997043.png

now if I save the map and reload the page, it has removed the embed tags too,

BrianWilson7_4-1637263097109.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ABishop
Regular Contributor II

Hello Brian,

It looks like you are trying to embed an iframe for a website?  I don't know if this is possible, but you can configure a link to a website.  You have to do with the a href <> tag for html or you can build it as an expression using Arcade then add the expression to your custom configuration as a field.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
BrianWilson7

Either "iframe" or "embed" would be fine. Using them would mean I can generate and maintain more complex content using best practices and generally make a better looking popup with less effort.

We have a popup with 10 expressions in it and it's just painful to test and maintain things like that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Arcade? What's that for again?   :)   (Did someone just whisper "vendor lock in??") Okay okay I will look at it in more depth. All my braincells currently are holding JavaScript AND Python and I have to pry a few loose.

Brian

BrianWilson7

I filed a support ticket on this, since it appears to be a bug. Support phoned and said he would send me some workarounds in an email. So, it's a known bug.

As soon as I get that email I will post what I learn here. Until then this little project is on the back burner.