Too many WebGL contexts

06-23-2022 09:53 AM
DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

Working with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.  I am making a web map (classic) in Portal and have 27 hosted feature layers, one tiled hosted service, and 6 map services.

When trying to add a hosted vector tiled layer, I get the error that the layer cannot be added to the map because “Too many WebGL contexts.”

I came across this documentation that says anything after 16 vector tile layers cannot be added. However, I haven’t added any vector tile layers yet, and the first one I try gives the error.

Is there something I’m missing?  Does the map think something else is a vector tile?

Thank you!

4 Replies
nev
by
New Contributor III

Sorry, no solution, just the same problem with javascript api v4.23.  As soon as too many maps on the page (even if they have no basemap and only one dynamic layer in each map, no vector tiles).  Doesnt appear to be any work around, did you get anything working?

DanielWebb
Occasional Contributor

The only thing I got working was using nothing but feature layers and not using the tiled layers that I wanted to use.

0 Kudos
nev
by
New Contributor III

Thats really strange, no matter what I do when it hits 17 maps.. Crash.  I have done a test with just one basic point layer in each map and no basemap and still doesnt work so,like you found, it appears to not just be tile layers that use webgl.  I'll have to confirm with esri.  And then use OpenLayers...

0 Kudos
SaurabhUpadhyaya
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

is anyone able to find workaround to handle feature layers in multi map view enviornment.

0 Kudos