Offline Mode Active but Map Area Feature Disabled

12-09-2022 06:48 AM
HeatherHerrmann2
Occasional Contributor

In our Portal, I have a simple map with one view layer inside it, for the purpose of using in Field Maps on our GPS unit.  The goal is for the user to be able to capture stormwater outfalls in an offline map area.  We have successfully been able to do this in the past.  The group is set with editing capabilities for all members in the group, and all other edit settings are properly configured.  

I tried today to go back to the previous offline map area in our GPS units via Field Maps and now the map doesn't show up.  When I went into our Portal to double check my settings, I saw this Feature Disabled error on the map.  I also receive the same error when opening in web Field Maps.  If users NEED to be able to edit the data and have the permissions to do so, why would this feature be disabled and how do I fix it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StevenBell2
New Contributor III

I think they don't want the map to be changed while it is checked out to the field crew.  So its the map they are trying to lock down, not the data.

0 Kudos
HeatherHerrmann2
Occasional Contributor

Why would the map not be allowed to be changed?  It's just a basic map with a base map and one feature class in it to edit.  The map won't be changed.  Just the data in it.

0 Kudos
StevenBell2
New Contributor III

Its just a guess.  But the fact that the map can be changed by others in the group means it could be altered in such a way that it couldn't be properly checked back in.

0 Kudos