oAuth connection from Make (Integromat) to ArcGIS Enterprise Portal keeps requiring reauthorization

08-17-2022 10:39 AM
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

I have created an automation using Make (Integromat) that connects to my ArcGIS Enterprise sever using oAuth.  The problem that I am finding is that every few weeks I have to reauthorize the connection.  This proves to be problematic as the intent is for this automation to be... automatic!

I built my automation following the following Field Maps blog:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/field-maps/field-mobility/use-webhooks-to-automate-workflo...

Is there a reason I would have to keep reauthorizing?  Or, is there a way I should have it set up so that this doesn't keep happening?

6 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

I am having this same exact issue.  

I've tried increasing the SLEEP time and that doesn't help.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

I believe that the token times out if there is no activity after two weeks.  What I have done is write a Python script that sends a request to the webhook every day so that it doesn't time out.  So far it seems to be working.

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Good to know that you've found a work-around.  My webhook is based on a new feature being added to a feature layer.  Can you share any detail on how your Python script is sending a request to the webhook?  I haven't seen any examples of that yet.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
AndrewBowne

What I did was set up a scenario with a custom webook that connect to Portal, extracts the server token, then makes a basic HTTP Request to a feature layer through it's REST endpoint.  That "seems" to be adequate to keep the connection alive:

AndrewBowne_0-1665077720661.png

Then I have a Python script that makes an HTTP request to the custom webhook.  The script is set to run every day using Windows Task Scheduler..

AndrewBowne_1-1665077897677.png

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Thanks Andrew.  I'll give this a shot.

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
0 Kudos