Publish service that is symbolized on multiple attributes

10-13-2016 01:19 PM
TiffanyMeyer
New Contributor II

I would like to be able to publish a service where the symbology is based on at least two attributes (Unique values, many fields).  We utilize published data in the Collector app, so being able to show more than one attribute would give the user more information on the data that is already collected, and allow us to keep the information in separate fields (right now we have it concatenated into one field) so that we can run queries and reports on the collected data more easily.

4 Comments
ChrisMcLean2

Really good idea, thanks for posting. I require this functionality as well for a similar purpose.

NoraFensch

Very good suggestion. I was very suprised and kind of disappointed to find out that this isn't a standard functionality in ArcGIS Server.

jill_es
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

This can currently be done in clients, such as ArcGIS Pro and Map Viewer (which can then be consumed in apps such as Field Maps).  Are there other clients you're looking to use?

Sarah_Hanson
Status changed to: Closed

As Jill had mentioned last year, symbolizing a feature layer using unique values based on multiple attributes is possible in many clients today. If you have any further ideas for us on this topic, please let us know!