Installing Spatial Analyst Tools ArcGIS Desktop

08-12-2021 05:53 AM
Phil
by
New Contributor

Hi all,

ArcGIS Desktop error 010096, Tool Not Installed error there is no Spatial Analyst license available when attempting to use Zonal tool.  Installed Zonal tool by opening the Customize menu and choosing Extensions.
Now when I open the Zonal tool the error 010096 has gone away but the tool does not load or start. 
ArcGIS Administrator says that there are licenses for the Zonal tool available.
Did I miss a dependency for Spatial Analyst Tools or specifically for the Zonal tool?

Thanks,

Phil

0 Kudos
6 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you referring to the Zonal Statistics tool?

The error message is not what you say it is:

010096 : There is no Spatial Analyst license currently available or enabled.

My guess is the tool is running in the background. You can see the results in Geoprocessing / Results.

To see it run (this is the setting I prefer) go to Geoprocessing / Options and uncheck the Enable Background Geoprocessing box.  

Phil
by
New Contributor

Thanks for the information, everyone.
I'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
Phil
by
New Contributor

No luck, did a reinstall and made sure the Spatial Analyst tools were installed but no Zonal love.
Disabled enable background Geoprocessing and Zonal does not appear to be running.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No error messages? This is kind of strange. I'm wondering if there is an issue with your inputs. The zone polygons and raster should be in the same coordinate system.

Note that there are many zonal tools, please be specific.

0 Kudos
JulianaHerrera
New Contributor

Hi all, I have a similar issue

ArcGIS Desktop error 010096, Tool Not Installed error there is no Spatial Analyst license available when attempting to use the Spatial Analyst> Combine tool. I have made sure of 2 things: that the checkbox is marked under the Customize toolbar. And I went into ArcMap and ArcGIS administrator that they are both accurate for settings. My software is still active til the end of this year and I'm just trying to utilize this for a project for my graduate class. Any help please? 

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you verified that a) spatial analyst is installed and b) you have a license in ArcGIS Administrator and you have checked the Spatial Analyst box then you should not get 010096 (which is specifically no spatial analyst license, not installed is a different error message).  If a reinstall does not fix it, contact tech support.

spatial.png

Esri KB article:

Error: ERROR 010096: There is no Spatial Analyst license currently available or enabled

0 Kudos